September is National 5-A-Day Month, Fruit and Vegetable Month, and even Organic Harvest Month! How do you plan to get your 5-a-day? Here are a few suggestions!
- Eat seasonally! Fresh fruits and veges are less expensive and healthier when you buy them in season!
- Follow a recipe. Have fun with fresh fruits and veges by trying something new!
- Visit a farmers market or farm and get to know your grower!
- Start a garden. Make fresh foods a family affair and grow a few vegetables.
- Add fresh or dried fruit to your cereal.